Wednesday 22 July 2015

Book Review: Rebel Belle

Well hello there! Sorry for being such an arse and not posting sooner. So last week I went through this phase of mine where I pick hundreds of books up, read them halfway and giveup on them and got all of their stories mixed up... but here I am ready to post two reviews of books I did manage to read.


Genre: YA | Romance  | Contemporary | Realistic Fiction

Author: Rachel Hawkins

Sources: Hardback Library

Publisher: Putnam Juvenile

Published on: April 08th 2014

Pages: 345

Summary: Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.
Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him—and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.
With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more.

6 stars out of 5

My Thoughts 
What was I expecting? I don't know but what I wasn't expecting was someone to be killed by a pair of shoes which apparently cost a lot.


This book was a really easy read (but such a thrilling ride) and just super cute. Harper's way of narrating was just perfect. I found Harper such a lovable character and oh, so girly. OH MY GOD THE ENDING. THE ENDING. NOW GO AND READ IT.

(spoiler ahead)

I LOVE THE ENDING. I was drawn towards the book mainly because of it's cover, I mean let's admit it, it is gorgeous! So like I said before I wasn't really sure  what I was expecting. So by the start of the book I just let the book engulf me but I was not ready for Ryan to be the Mage and Bee to be kidnap and Salmon to die. But I love it, love it, love it.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great and intiguing! Wheee! I'm excited. Nice review, Mimi! xx :D

    Fiona of A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a good review. But what about the characters? I love plot and but characters usually drew me in more. So how were the characters? And if it is not too much to ask can you do an character analysis review? I would love that. If not. It's okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will do a character analysis review! :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments, so feel free to express your opinion. I always comment back.